Sunday 28 August 2016

The Fibersphere....the final chapter

/- 36:

Now I wake again but now
I'm back inside my home,
80 levels down, 

lit by halogens alone.
It's now a day or so since my return 

back from the top.
Since then I've been in semi-trance,
and dating newer thoughts.
I've written down the bulk of everything I could retain
My similar compatriots were affected near the same.
Once we found each other, we would regularly meet.
Filling in the blanks with recollections incomplete. 

But we wrote our stories down
before all the details fled
To attempt avoiding bias,
we wrote before we met
And shocked we became when so many details had agreed 

That we continued our
association, but in secrecy.

When laying down for sleep
I set the program for the night:
Moonless stars among the trees: 

Ceiling and walls comply.
And a dark and twinkled-spattered
diamond studded sky
in visual cues only now
is floating gently by.
I've seen this sim a thousand times
But now it's seeming "un".
No gentle breeze, or smell of trees
or shafts of morning sun
piercing through the leaves 

that I had felt while on the run.
The comfort now of pillows
is a consolation large
But every day that passes,
my dreams seem more in charge.
I fall in so quick and deep
and sometimes while awake
It often feels there isn't

any sense that I can make
But other times I wake
with a feeling in my chest
fading with the dream
I think it's hope, if I must guess.


~\/~ ~\/~ ~\/~


Without suspicion or dismay
we'll rest our weary brow
ban all worry, shame
and also hatred disallow
Newly ultra-capable of
embracing sweeping change.
Newly found abilities for which no fee was paid. New compounding things are getting hard to understand. 

Finding what you need within the things we have at hand. 
Never getting sick of looking up into the night
past the silkly black against the drifting satellites
Past the bands of dust and supernova remnants past
Back across an ancient sky, we're comforted at last
knowing now our better place
to scour up the sights
drinking up the ecstacy of nebulous delights
Collapsing all electron waves to points we better trust 

Finding out all we can because we feel we must.
For more reveal, we'll have to wait but probably not for long
As if enchanted under spells of dys-ordinary songs
We'll find the niche we're bound to reach
to feel like we belong. 

THE END 

No comments:

Post a Comment